Free School Meals
If your child is registered to receive free school meals then your child can purchase healthy food and drinks from the school canteen at break and/or lunchtime to the maximum of £2.10 per day. This is a saving of up to £399 per year.
Do you qualify for Free School Meals?
If you have a child attending a Sheffield school or maintained nursery, you may be entitled to free school meals if you receive any of these benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income related Employment Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
How to apply for Free School Meals
If you wish to apply for free school meals you can contact school who can support you with your application or you can apply online here.
Other Students who may be eligible for Free School Meals
Other students may be eligible for free school meals if they come under the following groups:
- Zambrano carers
- Families who have no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
- Families receiving support under Section 17 of the Children Act 1989 who are also subject to a no recourse to public funds restriction
- a subset of failed asylum seekers supported under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Chen carers
- Families holding a BN(O) passport
- Spousal visa holders
- Work visa holders
- Student visa holders
- Those with no immigration status
If any of the above apply, please contact the school for a self-declaration application form.
If you are currently a family hosting a Ukrainian family, please contact the school and an application can be made for the Ukrainian students.
Sheffield City Council Food Vouchers for the Christmas Holiday
Sheffield City Council will be providing eligible families with a £30 food voucher from Monday 5 December. They will write to families with full details of how vouchers can be accessed.
Parents/carers need to go to the following website to redeem their vouchers - www.selectyourcompliment.co.uk/grocery
- Enter your unique 16-digit e-Code and select your chosen supermarket. Edenred offer a choice of 10 supermarkets: Aldi, Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, M&S, McColl’s, Company Shop, Iceland and Farmfoods.
- Parents/Carers are able to download their vouchers for more than one supermarket. For example, £10 for Aldi and £5 for Asda.
- The downloaded E-Gift Card/Voucher will arrive by email within 24 hours. If you cannot find this, you should check their Junk/Spam folder
Please note codes need to be activated within 3 months or they will be cancelled. Once you have claimed your voucher on the Edenred website the voucher will be valid for 12 months.
For a "How to guide" in accessing your vouchers please watch the video below.
The FSM Voucher helpline will be available on 0114 2734567, option 4, option 3, and can offer help to parents experiencing difficulties with their e-Codes or with general FSM enquiries.
Parents/carers can also contact Edenred directly with an enquiry about an eCode or voucher at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0333 400 5932.